For 30 years Wagner Dental has been transforming the smiles of patients living in Las Vegas and the surrounding communities. Patients of all ages regularly trust Wagner Dental to help them maintain outstanding oral health in a comfortable and vibrant environment.
When you visit our practice you will be greeted by a warm and friendly staff that prioritizes a patient-centered experience. We always use the latest techniques and advances in dental science, so you can have a unique experience when you visit. You can expect a gentle, thorough, and caring environment.
It’s normal for visiting the dentist to make people anxious, and your concerns are very important to us. Our dentists and dental team are known for their caring manners and will guide you through your cleaning and any other procedure you need.
We will be sure to answer any questions that you have about the work that we do and make sure that you feel comfortable and confident at all times when you visit.
When Should You See Your Dentist?
Your teeth need constant care. To maintain good oral health, you need frequent preventive dental care. On your own, this means brushing twice a day and flossing once a day to remove daily plaque and any plaque buildup starting to form.
Beyond at-home care, take advantage of our general dentistry services before major problems occur! Visit our office every six months for a routine checkup and professional cleaning. This will give you the confidence of knowing that you are maintaining a healthy, problem-free smile. It’s also much easier to do these things so that you can avoid more invasive procedures later on.
If you have any questions about oral health you should give us a call and we will answer any questions that you have. No question is too big or small, and you should never feel embarrassed about calling!
“I recently had a working interview here and the entire staff was AMAZING!! Everybody was super friendly and very helpful. The team really shows how much patient care is valued! If your looking for a family oriented practice full of knowledgeable polite people, look no more, they have it all!”
Why Dental Checkups Are a Great Solution for Everyone
- You get regular feedback on the condition of your oral health and any changes that need to be made.
- Your teeth get professionally cleaned and protected by our trained dentist and technicians.
- You get to receive advice about any concerns or problem areas that have been bothering you.
When you leave your regular checkup you can feel confident knowing that you are taking the right steps to have healthy teeth and gums.
Choose Wagner Dental for General Dentistry in Las Vegas!
Prevent future dental problems when you choose Wagner Dental for your general dentistry needs. Set an appointment today for your semiannual exam and cleaning. We can’t wait to see you!
What to Expect During Your Exam and Cleaning
Your schedule is busy and we want to respect your time so that you can come and go quickly. Your routine exam and cleaning will take no longer than an hour. To provide you with the results you’re hoping for, we’ll provide the following services during your visit:
- Dental Imaging | After you come in and we greet you our dentists will take a good look at your gums and teeth. We will take multiple x-rays of your mouth to see if you have any plaque or cavities that need attention. Our staff will note any issues so that we can provide follow-up treatment.
- An Examination of Teeth and Gums | During your appointment our dentist will evaluate the condition of your gums and check to see if they are swollen, puffy, or bleed easily. Over half of American adults suffer from gum disease, so we want to pay careful attention to your gums so that we can be proactive at resolving any issues.
- A Thorough Teeth Cleaning | Our hygienists will perform a gentle, thorough cleaning of your teeth. We will also use professional dental equipment to remove any plaque and tartar that has accumulated since the time of your last visit. This will keep your teeth cavity-free!
- Meticulous Flossing | After that, we will professionally floss your teeth and rinse them with fluoride. Even if you do a good job with regularly taking care of your teeth this is still a great opportunity for us to treat tricky spots that are hard to remove or that you may have missed.
- Tooth Polishing | Our hygienist will finish your cleaning by polishing your teeth. This will help them look shiny, feel smooth, and remove surface stains. Our special toothbrush and gritty toothpaste are made to get the tough spots off of teeth. Polishing your teeth will give them that nice fresh feeling that people love.
Recommended Oral Habits
You don’t have to wait until you visit Wagner Dental to be able to enjoy teeth that are fresh and healthy. If you want to make our work last, maintain proper oral hygiene at home. We will answer any questions that you have at the end of your appointment and give you instructions to do the following:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. Brushing your teeth at these times is important because they are when you will have the most built-up debris to remove, but it’s a good idea to brush after meals too.
- Be diligent with flossing. Floss at least once a day. If you have a hard time with doing this, a good trick is to keep a bag of flossers in the shower and just floss every day when you shower.
- Rinse with fluoride or mouthwash. Rinsing your teeth daily with fluoride is a good idea. It helps to mineralize your teeth and kill bacteria that can lead to plaque buildup. Swish the fluoride in your mouth for 30 seconds and then spit.
Taking care of your teeth doesn’t have to be difficult. All that you need to do is stay disciplined and practice these habits daily. As you do this you will quickly notice the benefits of having a healthy mouth and significantly decrease the probability of future problems occurring.
Common Dental Issues We Treat
Plaque and Tartar
When you eat food different bacteria and saliva aid in breaking it down. If these bacteria have a chance to build up on your teeth, they form a sticky substance called plaque.
Plaque is a thin white film that builds up on your teeth. This buildup can be prevented by daily brushing and flossing. Over time, if left untreated, this plaque can harden into tartar. This tartar will continue to eat at your teeth and cause further erosion. At this point, a cavity will begin to develop.
Our hygienists will remove plaque and tartar during your appointment so that they don’t grow into a problem. Because this is something that requires constant attention, you want to make sure that you are staying vigilant and frequently getting your teeth cleaned.
Untreated tartar will eat away at your teeth, begin to break down the enamel and develop into a cavity. At this point, your teeth require professional attention. If you have a cavity that needs attention, our dentists can treat the affected area and fill it with a filling that looks like your natural teeth.
You should get any cavities that you have filled promptly. By delaying too long you risk doing permanent damage to the structure of your teeth.
Worn-Down Fillings and Dental Bondings
Our team will make sure that your fillings and bondings are intact and in good shape during your visit. Some old fillings are made of metal, and we’re happy to switch those metallic ones for fillings that are healthier and match the color of your teeth. We will make sure your fillings and bondings are strong and haven’t chipped or broken.
Our office can fix many of the issues that we find. If you have a cracked filling or chipped bonding, don’t hesitate to call us!
Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease
Gums anchor your teeth in place and keep them alive and healthy. Unfortunately, millions of Americans face the difficulties that come with periodontal disease. Signs of gingivitis include puffy or swollen gums, gums that bleed easily, and sensitive teeth. This stage of gum disease is reversible through professional cleaning and other treatments that we can prescribe in our office.
Periodontitis is a later stage of gum disease caused by the same bacteria that leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your teeth. When you come in for your appointment, our dentist will look for signs of gum disease. Regardless of what you are experiencing, we can provide a treatment plan.
Toothaches can be caused by a variety of factors. They are your mouth’s way of telling you that something is going on. They can be the result of a more minor irritation that goes away on its own. Minor aching can usually be managed with medication like Tylenol that reduces swelling.
More serious toothaches can come from infected tooth pulp or teeth that have decayed. These kinds of toothaches require immediate attention. If you are experiencing a toothache that is persistent or doesn’t go away, you should give us a call.
Our services also help prevent plaque and tartar from building up on your teeth to the point that they can cause an infection.
Typically, a mouth sore isn’t a reason for concern as they will usually go away on their own. Common mouth sores like canker sores can occur because of a variety of different reasons including salty and spicy foods or stress.
Dentistry can help solve more issues than just your teeth and more serious sores can be the result of infection. If you have started to develop a more serious sore, you can come in and get it examined. Based on our observations we can come up with a treatment plan to get rid of them.
We don’t want you to have to worry about a sore or unnecessary pain. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions that you have!
Have You Ever Wondered….
Why Is Dental Treatment Important for All Ages?
Teeth play an important role in everyone’s daily experience. All of us use our teeth to chew, smile, and speak. Your teeth require consistent maintenance regardless of age. Everyone needs to brush and floss their teeth daily. You will face different dental milestones in your life depending on your age.
Youth: Younger patients require a good foundation in place to ensure that their permanent teeth are coming in healthily, that their mouth is shaped properly, and that they have enough room in their mouth.
Adults: With older patients, we want to make sure that they are taking proper care of the teeth that they will have for the rest of their life. Any issues that need to be addressed can be taken care of before it becomes a larger problem.
With the right dental care, anyone can have teeth that last and that can be used for all daily activities.
“This is by far the best dentist’s office I’ve ever been to. I brought my dad in for a cleaning and checkup. The staff are always extremely friendly, professional, and make sure the experience is as smooth as possible. My dad was very happy with the experience and as a patient myself, I always leave very satisfied. If you need a great dentist along with great staff, this is the place!”
How Do I Fix Bad Breath?
Nobody wants to experience bad breath. Usually, you just need to brush your teeth regularly, but persistent bad breath is something that you want to look out for as this may be a sign of something called halitosis. Halitosis can be caused by an infection, poor oral hygiene, or a buildup of plaque.
If you are having a hard time getting rid of bad breath, you first want to try following a proper oral health routine. In a couple of weeks, you will want to reassess to see if you still have bad breath. If so, you should give us a call.
We will narrow down what’s causing the problem and come up with a solution that targets the problem.
You can prevent halitosis by:
- Brushing and flossing daily.
- Avoiding tobacco products.
- Visiting the dentist for regular cleanings.
- If you have dentures, clean them thoroughly on a daily basis.
Schedule Your Next Checkup With Wagner Dental in Las Vegas!
It’s time for you to take the next step in prioritizing your well-being so that you can achieve your optimal smile. Doing the simple things right like coming in for a regular appointment can lead to dramatic differences in your overall oral health.
We’re on this journey together! Our staff is here to serve you and we’ll work as a team to make sure that you have beautiful teeth that last a lifetime. Call our office today to schedule an appointment for your next cleaning. We’re excited to meet you and help you out!